Gooer is a Remote Desktop service provider. It enables you to securely access your remote computer just as if you were sitting directly in front of it. You can remote control your home or office computer with web browser or mobile phones. You do NOT need have a public IP address and it can work behinds NAT or firewall.
Here is a tutorial on how to use it.
Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2008/XP/Vista/Win7
Internet connection (cable, ISDN, DSL or better)
Microsoft Windows 98 or newer
Internet Explorer 5.0 or newer, Firefox 2.0 or newer, Sarafi 3.1.2 or newer, Chrome
Java powered mobile phones; Symbian mobiles; Wireless device that support Java (j2me) MIDP 2.0
support GPRS, EDGE,3G technology or WLAN
Is it safe to use?
Gooer service is safe for our customers. It provided security and authentication between web client, server and host.
1. All communications between the Host and the client are encrypted with an RC4 compatible algorithm with a 2048 bit key. This way, the privacy of all information sent and received by the user is assured.
2. To prevent "man-in-the middle" attacks, all communications containing image, keyboard and mouse commands, files and clipboard have a digital signature that assures the data has not been changed between the Server and the web client.
3. Each user need login first before using Gooer service.
Register a new account, check your email and activate it. Download the Gooer host software and install it on the computers that you want to make remotely accessible. You need input your email and password at the end of installation.
Now you can access your computer from anywhere.
If you use web browser, please visit Gooer website and login using your account, you can get a host computer list, just click the computer name and then you can get the desktop of host computer.
If you use mobile devices, please visit wap.gooer.com using your mobiles and download software, install the software and run it. Login using your account,you can get a host computer list, just click the computer name and then you can get the desktop of host computer.
How can I know if my cell phone support Java?
Here is a full list of supported phones, you can also ask the cell phone seller.
D750, F500, F500i, J300, K300, K500, K500i, K600, K608, K610, K618, K700, K700c, K700i, K750, K800, K790, P900, P908, P910, P910a, P910c, P910i, P990, S700, S700c, S700i, T610, T616, T618, T628, 630, T637, V800, W550, W600, W800,W880, W710, W810, W900, W900i, W950, Z1010, Z500, Z500a, Z500i, Z520, Z600, Z608, Z800
VNC or Windows Remote Desktop (terminal services) are free, why do I need Gooer Remote Desktop Service?
Free services such as VNC or Windows Remote Desktop (terminal services) allow you to remotely access a computer from anywhere; however, they are not easy to use and require some muddling with firewalls on both sides of the connection to make it work. Unlike VNC and Remote Desktop (that's where each computer gets an internal only IP address),even behind a NAT you can still use Gooer Remote Desktop Service. In fact, no matter what network you have thrown you computers on, even one with almost every inbound and outbound port blocked, You are still able to get Gooer to function.
When I connect my remote PC using IE, after I click 'Connect Via RDP', there is no response after a long time, how to resolve it?
When you using RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol) to connect remote PC, host PC need support RDP. Please follow below step to fix it
1. To using RDP, your remote PC must be one of following OS:
Windows XP Prefessional
Windows 2000 Server
Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
Windows 2003 Standard Edition
Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition
Windows 2003 Datacenter Edition
Windows 2008 Standard Edition
Windows 2008 Enterprise Edition
Windows 2008 Datacenter Edition
Windows Vista Business
Windows Vista Ultimate
Windows Vista Enterprise
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Enterprise
Windows 7 Ultimate
Only above OS support RDP. Below OS do NOT support RDP, you need to use 'Connect via VNC' and install VNC during your install Gooer host software.
Windows XP Home
Windows 2000 Prefessional
Windows 2003 Web Edition
Windows Vista Home
Windows 7 Home
2. Check if the 'Terminal Services' on you host PC start or not. Open 'Control Panel', click 'Administrative Tools', then click 'Services', Find 'Terminal Services' in the list and check if it already start, if not, please start it and set it the 'Startup Type' to 'Automatic'.
3. Right click on the 'My Computer', select 'Properties' on the pop up menu, in 'Remote' tab, check if 'Enable Remote Desktop on this computer' was checked, if not, please check it.
After I click "Connect via RDP", a login window popup and I was prompted to input account and password. But I do not know account and password, where can I get it?
To keep security, you must use password to login your remote computer. If you do not know if your computer has an account which has password, you can create one.
1. Open Control Panel
2. Click and open 'User Account'
3. Click 'Create a new Account'
4. Input your new account and account type
5. Click the account name your created and open it, select 'Create Password'
6. After input your password, your new account had been sucessfully created
7. Now you can login your host PC using the account and password you created.
How to enable RDP on Vista Home Premium?
Here are the instructions:
1. Download termsrv.zip here
2. Extract Termsrv.zip to a temp directory
3. Start 'Command Prompt' in Administrator mode (Run As Administrator)
4. Run the corresponding batch file for your Vista edition
5. Allow TCP Port 3389 on Windows Firewall or any other firewall product.
How to send 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' to remote computer when I use VNC?
Press F8,you can find "Send Ctrl-Alt-Del" in the popup menu.
How to connect remote computer using Firefox? The following steps are also suitable for Intel Netbooks/MID which use Firefox/Minefield.
1. Download and install JRE from http://www.java.com/en/download/.
a) Donwload file from here and save it to a local file.
b) Run './jre-6u12-linux-i586.bin' to install JRE
2. Run following command to add JRE plugin into Firefox.
su - root The password is mobilin for Intel MID
ln -s /home/moblin/Desktop/jre1.6.0_12/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so libjavaplugin_oji.so
3. Restart Firefox. You can use Firefox to connect to your remote Desktop now.